Wednesday, July 14, 2010

buddha


buddha
Originally uploaded by megan_n_smith_99

i love to draw. i could draw all day, every day. well, i'd take some breaks for snacks, walks, naps, and reading. sometimes i draw at home, sometimes at work on breaks, sometimes at restaurants, sometimes in the park. sometimes i plan out my drawings a bit, but not too much. lots of times i just start to draw and they evolve. i might guide them a bit, but then i might not. sometimes i use photos as reference material and sometimes not. i don't usually draw from life. i guess i probably should but it's more relaxing to draw things from my imagination (also then no one can tell me they i did not capture the essense of the thing, whatever it was.) sometimes i draw in silence. sometimes i listen to music or audio books. sometimes i have a documentary on in the background, but i pay the most attention to my drawings. my hands and arms do get stiff and sore, so i do some stretching.

i have piles of drawings. some are on etsy, some are just hanging out. sometimes i give them as gifts. sometimes i frame them and hang them on the wall. sometimes they just drift around my condo.

No comments: