Tuesday, November 10, 2009

pen and ink


pen and ink
Originally uploaded by megan_n_smith_99

well, i turned 39 today and mostly it's been a pretty good day. jesse and i went out to breakfast this morning and i had my beloved gluten-free blueberry pancakes. later we went to the bead store, where i got some beautiful new beads to play with. we also watched some dr. who and i did some much needed cleaning and sorting.

my twin sister asked me if i was having issues about the number 39, and i said not really, just some of the things that come with it. like looking older, changing metabolism, etc. the last few years i really feel i look older, and i am not sure how i feel about that, but i figured if i looked twice as bad at 78 as i do now i'd look great for 78, so maybe i look ok for 39. which should not matter but i wanted to look good for 39 anyway -- even if it doesn't matter.

my mother observed that my art is going well, she keeps up on my blog, and that is true, and that's a good place to be at 39. i wish i could be more deep and philosophical about it but i am a bit depressed at the moment, and worn out. but soon for bed with a good book.

No comments: