Wednesday, October 28, 2009

angel ornaments and literature


angel ornaments
Originally uploaded by megan_n_smith_99

this is a peek of what i have been working on this week.. i listed these on etsy. now i wish i had more time for beading and that my right shoulder was a little more cooperative. i think i need to take a beading break now and go read!

i have been reading the Homer Kelly mysteries by Jane Langton, which I like because they include a lot of history of the area where she lives - Concord -- home of the Alcotts, Walden Pond, Thoreau, Emerson, etc. Also it was a pivotal point in the American revolution and the civil war - so just brimming with history. However I am waiting for the library to bring me another one in that series so i will have to find something else to read. Last night I read in one sitting Ebb Tide by James P. Blaylock, wonderfully eerie and whimsical steampunk fiction with a dash of Robert Louis Stevenson thrown in. I'll find something to start on tonight .

No comments: