Thursday, September 18, 2008

toddy coffee


toddy coffee
Originally uploaded by megan_n_smith_99

when i was growing up, my mother, and the other women in my family --there weren't really many men in my family-- used a toddy coffee maker. it's a system where you brew super super concentrated coffee with cold water. so when you want to make a cup of coffee, you just add a couple of shots of this brew to hot water and there you go. if you want iced coffee, i add a couple shots to a glass of cold milk. if it's after 4 you can add a shot of bailey's. and it's good coffee too. it does not taste like instant coffee or anything. and it's allegedly 60%+ less acidic than coffee brewed with hot water. and so easy! you just soak the coffee groungs overnight in the top of the picture with cold water. then it the morning you pull the plug and the trickle down through a filter into the jug. i bought my own toddy coffee maker last weekend and now i can make better coffee than the coffee shop down the street. well, one of them. the other one still gives me a run for my money but i can live with that.

No comments: