Friday, October 26, 2007

kitties and bunnies and mice, oh my.

usually i draw things, for the most part, from my oh-so-fertile imagination. i may use some photos for reference material, but by the end everything has been through the maze of my fancy and come out a bit meganized, i guess. sometimes, though, i do pet portraits, or i do my best anyway to restrict myself mostly to what is there, allowing just a little space for artistic license.

and so we have, jack. jack before:


and, jack after:



then, for a little winding down to relax and tuck myself in, i painted a couple imaginary animals, and they are available on etsy




these two critters were inspired by the beautiful colors of new mexico's landscape. i recently returned from a trip to the southwest. more on that and a few photos next time!

Megan Noel

2 comments:

Marti said...

Here's something you'll like, from Ursala Le Guin (Changing Planes, p. 19):

"People who live with animals value the charm of muteness. It can be a real pleasure to know when the cat walks into the room that he won't mention any of your shortcomings, or that you can tell your grievances to your dog without his repeating them to the people who caused them."

Ricë said...

hi, megan! so glad you stopped my blog so i could find you! i LOVE the drawing you did of jack--lovely. i keep trying to draw my cats from life, rather than from a photo, and they never, EVER stay still long enough, never mind that before i started trying to draw them they hadn't moved from their comatose nap in DAYS.