Friday, September 30, 2011

Red Autumn

red autumn by megan_n_smith_99
red autumn, a photo by megan_n_smith_99 on Flickr.

Well today sure felt like autumn. I was glad to be able to wear hand knits - a shawl and wrist warmers, but i sort of wish i'd worn even more - my knitted jacket or a more voluminous shawl. Seattle can get a bit nippy with the wind off the water. I got a lot of little errands done today and feel I have earned an evening with a book and a cup of tea. My last errand was cat-sitting and those cats looked like I feel - SPRAWL. life must be great for a cat, other than the bathing issues.

One thing I did today was to stop by Mosaic Coffeehouse in Wallingford. Here is the little review I posted on their Facebook page:

"I had my 1st Mosaic experience today- what a beautiful space, the photos do not do it justice. It is as comfy as your living room but much more spacious. I doubt any other coffee venue in Seattle can boast both a piano AND an organ! It seems like it would be a great place to go w/ a group of friends - plenty of room - OR with just one special friend. The coffee was good and STRONG - what else would you want from a coffee house in Seattle? I will go back. I don't have kids of my own but enjoy having coffee with my kid-friends and Mosaic has a whole kid-room!"

In addition I will mention they have free concerts (donations accepted) and game nights. They have 35 different board games (although if you have Scrabble, which they do, I am not sure what else you would need.) I think I counted 4 couches and at least as many overstuffed chairs in addition to plenty of tables, including big tables if you have a group. Also it is as nonprofit to benefit the community. It is volunteer run and customers are asked to donate whatever amount seems right for them. I normally would not spent $5 + $2 on a mocha but for a good cause it was worth every penny. I will be having some of my art there soon and will provide more details when I get them sorted out.

This painting is :
Red Autumn
5 x 7 inches
watercolor and ink on paper
available on Etsy.

No comments: