Saturday, September 24, 2011

changing seasons shawl

Welcome to autumn! This is usually my favorite time of year - at least early autumn. i love the colors, flavors, and scents of autumn. Though once it gets to be late autumn and the sun hides away for most of the following 6 months or more, I get a bit blue then. There are many good things about living in the Northwest but frequent sunshine in any season but summer is NOT one of them.

This shawl i am working on seems appropriate, though, blending in some autumn golds and russets with the greens of summer. I'm making it up as i go, changing patterns and stitch when i feel like it. That is my favorite sort of knitting.

I've had a cold the last few days so have done little but sleep and read. I did finish a new watercolor before I got sick and I will scan it soon!

Happy Autumn! Unless you live in the Southern Hemisphere, in which case happy Spring!

Also! reminder. This is your last few days to see my work at Fresh Flours, in Ballard (Seattle). I am taking it down on Thursday. See sidebar for more information.


No comments: