Wednesday, November 19, 2008

health update

probably the last one for a while! so if you came for the art, sorry to bore you! i hope i will have some more art tonight. however as some people are keeping up on my life via this blog i wanted to post an update:

i went to the doctor this morning. it went really well. it was good to finally get all the info, because i was going on photos and what audin remembered, but i had a lot of questions.

when they did the laproscopy they found that my uterus and ovaries were wrapped in scar tissue (adhesions) that extended back to fill the area behind my uterus and underneath. the adhesions connected to the wall of the pelvis below and behind, prevented my ovaries from moving freely, and connected to my large intestines. they removed all of that. it might come back but we don't know. we don't know what caused it - some sort of inflammatory reaction. it could have been ruptured cysts. i had a 6cm one 3.5 years ago and have had several others. or it could have been something else, maybe related to my IBS. when i would sleep in a strange position or stetch or something it would pull my organs into strange positions because the scar tissue is not very flexible.

if it does come back i feel like i can deal with it. i like my doctor and i trust him to do surgery again. i know how much time to take off work. i guess i will just take things as they come and try to have the least amount of pain and best quality of life that i can. i hope that when i am the rest of the way healed i will have less ibs problems.

i am recovering well, my incision is healing well, and if i don't have any problems i will not have to go back to that doctor for a year.

2 comments:

Marti said...

Thanks, Meg - I am glad the surgery was so successful and that things are looking good! Sounds like there is still some ambiguity but that you know a lot more than you did...

Martha Bright said...

I'm glad you're feeling better and also that you're upbeat. You are so imaginative and I look forward to seeing more of your work as you get all these new ideas made into something tangible. Take good care!