Monday, November 10, 2008

happy birthday and thank you

happy birthday to my twin sister marti, and thanks to mom for raising us both. 38 years ago today my mother worked her last day before maternity leave, troubled by a backache. she went to the hospital for a checkup, sure it was false labor because her due date was mid december. by dessert she had twins, and i am sure she did not quite know what to do with us at the time. fortunately we were in isolettes for 16 days and she had time to rally. thanks, mom. happy birthday marti! thanks for the box of treasures!

4 comments:

Elisa said...

happy belated birthday! So you´re a scorpio too, like myself. ^_^

Hope you feel better and recover fast.

Martha Bright said...

Happy Birthday Megan! You look like you're about 20!

Camilla La Mer-Soul Art Dolls said...

Thanks for your comment Megan. I have always felt that I am a selkie as well...How interesting to meet someone who might know what that feels like...I understand your desire to go there especially during this painful recovery time. I like to keep The Secret of Roan Inish nearby at all times...Love to see your photos when you find them! Happy Birthday!

Megan Noel said...

thank you to everyone and get-well wishes! i tried to send some personal thank yous also but if i missed anyone, please forgive me! also thanks for the look about 20 remark. i don't feel it today :)