Wednesday, May 30, 2012

graphite + instagram

graphite + instagram by megan_n_smith_99
graphite + instagram, a photo by megan_n_smith_99 on Flickr.

I am back in Washington after a trip to Oregon for my sister's wedding. It was a beautiful ceremony and I got to see some family and friends who I do not often see.

After being around so many people I am taking some quiet time to relax. I am really an introvert (though I often talk too much when I am around people, which actually is not very often.) So anyway I need some time to recover and process things.

I have been therefore lying about reading and playing with pencils. I have really been enjoying playing with some of my photos with the instagram app.

This photo is pencil and colored pencil. I finished this painting this morning. Later today I was playing with adding water to my water soluble sketch pencils, then some layers of ink on top of that. I am still figuring out what effects I can get with that. Sometimes I get frustrated and think I should make "real" art but I know I have to experiment to grow as an artist. you can see more pencil sketches manipulated w/ instagram here.

No comments: