Friday, June 3, 2011

Zipper Pouch and a lecture on fabric

Zipper Pouch by megan_n_smith_99
Zipper Pouch, a photo by megan_n_smith_99 on Flickr.

i made this in a class I took last night at The Quilting Loft in Seattle. It was taught by Pederson. She is a great teacher! I would recommend her - and her blog has some good tutorials and links and things - check it out!
sewkatiedid.wordpress.com/

The Quilting Loft opened in Ballard maybe a year ago? Maybe more, but it is relatively new. It's great to have in the neighborhood. I go to Jo-ann Fabric for notions but their fabric is not great. It doesn't have a very high thread count and won't hold up as long. If you are going to take the time to make something by hand I think it is important to use materials that will last a long time. People have asked me what my raw edge applique does not fall apart and the reason is I use good fabric - it really does ravel less!
thequiltingloft.com/

Now that I know how to do zippers I will make some more, maybe do some of my applique and beading and things on them.

No comments: