Monday, June 20, 2011

Yeti Doll

dollbook2 by megan_n_smith_99
dollbook2, a photo by megan_n_smith_99 on Flickr.

I have been kind of tired the last couple days, hence the lack of a blog entry! And I have not done much art.. well, I knitted a little today.

I thought I would show you this, though. This is the very first doll I ever made. I wish I could remember when, but it must have been the mid to late 90s. He's a yeti, and he's 8 inches tall. I did not really know exactly what I was doing, I just forged ahead. Since I had already made beaded evening purses I approached it that way, beading the front and the back flat and then assembling them and stuffing him. He's actually 4 pieces: front, back, and 2 small dime-size pieces at the bottom of his feet. He's the one that started me off on my art doll journey. I have not made any dolls in a few years but I am starting to feel the urge coming on again.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It is funny that it is the first doll you ever made-so elaborate and gorgeous. I was doing a search for this very doll tonight, as it is the first beaded art doll I had ever seen and the one I always think of when I am trying to describe a gorgeous beaded doll.