Sunday, June 5, 2011

Sunbursts

Sunbursts by megan_n_smith_99
Sunbursts, a photo by megan_n_smith_99 on Flickr.

Sunbursts
5 x 7 inches
watercolor on paper

You probably already know this, but I use Daniel Smith watercolors, and my favorite paper at the moment is Arches Aquarelle Watercolor Paper, 300lb. It's cold press. I've been buying it in blocks, 12 in x 16 in, 10 Sheets in a Block. I also like Arches Aquarelle Watercolor Paper, 140lb, Cold Press. The 300lb weight really seems to soak up pigment like velvet and since I don't stretch my paper it works well for me.

A lot of people ask me how I get so much detail. Well, I use small round brushes - lately size 1 and 3. I work in good light as much as I can -- Seattle is not known for the quality of light come through its windows! And I do not use very much water.

This little painting is on Etsy.

No comments: