Sunday, May 1, 2011

Happy May Day!


butterfly beaded button
Originally uploaded by megan_n_smith_99

Happy May Day!

I have many fond memories of picking flowers with my sister on May Day to give to neighbors and family. This was when we lived on a farm on Vashon Island. There was always a wide assortment of flowers in our yard and garden and wild flowers growing nearby.

Yesterday I took advantage of the good weather to go on a 6-park trek. It was about 4 miles according to google maps. One of the parks I went to is a park I had not been to in years - Sunset Hill Park, but it has the most sublime view of Puget Sound and the Olympic mountains in the distance.

Today I am thinking of going to the Sunday Market in the next neighborhood over , as a change from going to the market in my own little neighborhood!

No comments: