Thursday, April 7, 2011

Heron Glade


Heron Glade
Originally uploaded by megan_n_smith_99

well, it's been at least a week since i posted anything here. I just have not been able to get myself to. I was one of a group of people laid off by my company last week. After having worked there for 15 years it came as a shock. I had thought I would be there until I retired.

I think it will take me some time to get over the shock and adjust to this major change in my life. I have worked on my resume and send some out. I am looking into other ways to make a living, or at least part of a living, with my art. I am trying to just carry on and not shut myself up like the hermit I tend to be.

This is a painting I've worked on this week. I am very happy with how it came out. I always loved seeing Herons on Vashon Island, where I grew up. This painting is available on etsy if you are interested.

2 comments:

Gina said...

Dear Megan,
I’m so sorry to hear your news! Things are so crazy in this economy. Last fall they gave the option to seven people for a “buy out/job reduction” scheme leaving a huge gap in our department (I work at a college library). I hope you’ll be able to find something else soon. It must be shocking to realize what has happened. I’m sending you my good thoughts for strength and new prospects. Hugs to you.

Camilla La Mer said...

Oh...sad news. So sorry to hear of your layoff. There must be something brilliant awaiting you!!! I just know it. You are so talented and so wonderful. The world will open with new opportunities yet to be revealed!

xoxo Camilla