Thursday, December 13, 2012

Snow Queen

Snow queen shawl by megan_n_smith_99
Snow queen shawl, a photo by megan_n_smith_99 on Flickr.

This seems appropriate to the season, though it has not snowed in Seattle and I would not be surprised if we did not get any snow this year. I have a view of the Olympic Mountains, though, and they are decked out in white. Well, I have a view of them when it's not too cloudy.

I have not been feeling well ... for the last month, actually, but managed tea with a friend on Tuesday and going to a knit meet-up on Wednesday, and I am glad I did, I really needed to get out of the house. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow and perhaps he will have some helpful advice.

This quote seems appropriate to this photo, if not to the world outside my window:

“In the nineteenth century, Fritjof Nansen wrote that skiing washes civilization clean from our minds by dint of its exhilarating physicality. By extension, I believe that snow helps strip away the things that don't matter. It leaves us thinking of little else but the greatness of nature, the place of our souls within it, and the dazzling whiteness that lies ahead.”
― Charlie English

1 comment:

Handyman South Hill said...

Thoughtful blog you have here.