Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Near The Shore

Near the shore by megan_n_smith_99
Near the shore, a photo by megan_n_smith_99 on Flickr.

This is a photo of one of my paintings manipulated in Instagram. I still have not gotten tired of doing that. It's like having multiple words inside one painting. This painting is actually not quite done - I will show it to you when it is. It is in color but I am enjoying the way it looks in black and white also.

I've been cleaning and organizing and getting rid of some things. I think I am on day 6 but I need a break because I am tired and sore. I have no idea why it could take so long to do this given the size of my space, but I do take breaks because my body has never been good as sustained physical activity. It will be good to get it done.

I know some artists claim to thrive in chaos - and I do like having some random baskets of current projects and art supplies out. The way the co-mingle is inspiring, but I don't need to have my space overrun by paints and beads and yarn and fabric. I am certainly more productive when my space is more serene. When I am done it will still look like a pack-mouse lives here - just a somewhat slightly tidy pack-mouse. Martha Stewart will never be consulting me for organizational ideas.

No comments: