Friday, April 20, 2012

Frida Necklace

Frida Necklace by megan_n_smith_99
Frida Necklace, a photo by megan_n_smith_99 on Flickr.

Oh, I do so miss my old Fuji camera that died. It was old, it paid its dues. It had a long and happy life but eventually the little gears that moved the lens started to strip and it stopped focusing. It's certainly not the time to buy a new camera. So I am using a camera a friend of mine retired, an old Olympus, and I have just never learned its tricks. Add to that the unreliable quality of the light (or lack thereof) in Seattle and I just am not getting pictures as good as I would like. Plus, really I'm not a photographer. I have an eye for to composition of a shot but lack the technical know-how to really get what I want. Perhaps when I am able to get a new camera I will take a class.

Enough whining! Sorry! I've been working on some necklaces and will be listing them for sale when I've sorted some details out and gotten better pictures.

This necklace has a knitted base, a gorgeous variegated ribbon yarn that wanders from fuchsia to rose to salmon, accented with a flash of silver. The clasp is a button and loop. The button is a Czech glass button. The focal point of the necklace is a soldered charm of a detail from one of Frida Kahlo's self portraits, accented with glass and crystal beads.

1 comment:

Kimberly Meyer said...

Lovely!