Thursday, February 10, 2011

Sketch Journal 2011, Mute Forest, detail


Sketch Journal 2011
Originally uploaded by megan_n_smith_99

here is a little detail from one of the pages in my sketch journal - I call it mute forest.

It seems like it has been a long week! I am going to Tacoma to work tomorrow, so I imagine it will be a long day. I am looking forward to the weekend.

I don't have too much else to say today, but here is a quote for you:

I'll tell you what hermits realize. If you go off into a far, far forest and get very quiet, you'll come to understand that you're connected with everything.
--Alan Watts

3 comments:

Mardi said...

I love this quote by Watts Megan. Your work lately is so beautiful. You must be in a good place with yourself!

Megan Noel said...

thanks, Mardi! I took a little break from painting and drew just for me.. and anyway, it let some things simmer in my mind i guess, now i am back to having lots of things i want to try!

Mardi said...

Doesn't that seem to be the way of it? Creativity often comes in spurts for me, and there is no way I could keep up with it even if that was all I had to do. Then, there are in-between dry spells, when ideas just won;t come.