Friday, February 18, 2011

Russet Minaret


original watercolor
Originally uploaded by megan_n_smith_99

Another in the Minaret Series. This one is a bit early - the color palette has evolved somewhat, gotten warmer. I do quite like the onion dome on the right in this one, though. And the background, which does not show up too well here but is a rich bronze.

Last night I went out with my neighbors to a show at Bottlehouse over in Madrona, her silkscreen posters. Her name is Molly Leonard. MY favorite is the sasquatch! And Molly was really sweet and charming and the kind of person you just want to be around. So that was enjoyable. You know, I have heard some people leave the house when it is dark out so I thought I would give it a try.

This weekend I am so excited to have a solid block of art time. well and a few chores if i can make myself..

No comments: