Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Koi


11222010.koi1
Originally uploaded by megan_n_smith_99

here is another little painting. I am getting kind of enthused about koi. Well, it was birds for a while, so now it may be sea creatures for a bit. And pond creatures. And creatures of the forest and woodlands. I guess I will see where my brush takes me.

One of my favorites types of gardens is a Japanese garden and one of my favorite things about Japanese gardens are the koi ponds. I have been fortunately to see the gardens in Seattle, Portland, and San Francisco. And after listening to the audio book of The Tea House Fire by Ellis Avery recently, I am anxious to go to a proper tea ceremony. I can't think why I never have done that, given that I have visited those gardens several times, but I have not. I did have some very nice green tea at the SF gardens, but it was not part of a tea ceremony.

No comments: