Sunday, April 13, 2014

More Little Paintings

I seem to be painting big paintings and little paintings recently - not much in between. The big paintings take so long that I guess it's a relief to work on the little ones. To finish something. And the subject matters are similar too. So I can experiment a bit with colors and things. So here are some little critters I have worked on fairly recently, and just listed on Etsy.

The little frames inspire me - they seem to call out for some elaborate little thing. I've been doing mostly monsters or creatures recently - but I think I may need to do some sea creatures soon. Perhaps still someone imaginary. I've recently gotten this book from the library: Sketching from the Imagination. And it's really good enough that i've added it to my wish list. If you like to draw things you half invented, I recommend it for inspiration.

No comments: