Monday, June 10, 2013

Filtered Light - And Not There Yet.

Skull by megan_n_smith_99
Skull, a photo by megan_n_smith_99 on Flickr.

I have been playing with filters & light. it reminds me of graphite. I have been doing mostly pen & ink but i like the misty reality of pencil. My favorites are 6h and 8h. It's a bit bothersome that it smears. unless you spray it with toxic things. Which I do outside.

I have an outside again - my balcony. My building had been wrapped in scaffolding and some sort of translucent plastic for months. It is so nice to see the sky and the mountains. it is nice to get the full effect of the breeze and all the smells it brings in - spring, flowers, grass, & the salty smell off puget sound.

that smell reminds me of this, and of my island, that sort of damp, misty, salty space where you can't really tell if the things you are afraid of are out there - you can kind of pretend they are not - and it seems equally likely that the things you dreamed about might be a step away too. but i guess i am still dreaming and still looking, and not there yet.

p.s. this is a skull i found on the beach w/ part of a drawing i did of said skull, and manipulated with a couple different APPS.

No comments: