Thursday, October 4, 2012

Two Falling Leaves

Two by megan_n_smith_99
Two, a photo by megan_n_smith_99 on Flickr.

It is turning out to be a beautiful autumn. Crisp days with occasional morning fog and cool nights. The sunsets have been gorgeous, though unfortunately that's more to do with particulates in the air. I have been watching the sun set over the Olympic Mountains every evening. I wish I could capture it - maybe one could with a good camera, a long exposure, and for that matter a tripod - but really you'd never quite capture it. Every night and it still feels like a luxury. I think I am banking light, like most people in Seattle. We know it isn't going to last much longer. If you can sit in the sun and drink a Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte, then you know its a mild autumn.

I leave you with a quote:

“Soon it got dusk, a grapy dusk, a purple dusk over tangerine groves and long melon fields; the sun the color of pressed grapes, slashed with burgandy red, the fields the color of love and Spanish mysteries.”
― Jack Kerouac, On the Road


Today's painting:
Two
5 x 5"
Watercolor & Ink
Available on Etsy.

No comments: