Friday, January 14, 2011

Onion Domes


215ac2
Originally uploaded by megan_n_smith_99

So I am working on a new series inspired by Islamaic architecture, but I am not entirely new to onion domes. This little pen and ink drawing is something I did in 2006, inspired by the domes of Saint Basil's Cathedral in Moscow's Red Square. Wikipedia informs me that this cathedral is more formally known as :Cathedral of the Protection of Most Holy Theotokos on the Moat. That's a bit of a mouth full but I like it.

Today has been long, the morning taxing my muscles as I shifted boxes around and up and down ladders, and this afternoon taxing my brain as I edited a catalog. I am ready for a long holiday weekend! And I might just get some painting in, we'll see. I am kind of taking a break from formal painting to allow my creativity to refresh itself after my intensive art making between September and December. I've been reading a lot and knitting a little.

No comments: