Sunday, January 2, 2011

lace scarf


lace scarf
Originally uploaded by megan_n_smith_99

This is the one Christmas gift I knit this year. I knew it would be time consuming so I did not plan to knit any others (though I snuck in 2 hats this week, but that's after Christmas!) anyway, here are the details:
yarn: handmaiden, lady godiva in cedar
pattern: Twin-Leaf Scarf from vogue knitting spring / summer 2010 by heather carlson

It's a 12-row lace repeat with 3 easy rows per section. It's 33 stitches wide so even I can manage it! (I am not really made-to-knit-lace. I love the outcome, though, so I do some lace from time to time.)

The yarn is lovely. I used all of 1 skein and a bit of the 2nd. I think the scarf was between 5'6" and 6' long. I believe the pattern called for 8' but I made mine a bit shorter. Anyway, it's a good pattern, well written, no errors -- give it a try!

No comments: