Monday, August 2, 2010

beading, drawing, and knitting - autumn colors


beading, drawing, and knitting
Originally uploaded by megan_n_smith_99

here is some more of my art, playing together.
the knitting is a freeform project, the basic pattern called the Medici Vest by Jane Thornley. The drawing is one of my pen and ink drawings, using Pitt artists pens. The beadwork is a little beaded button I made, from a class I occasionally teach. Robin Atkins showed me how to do bead embroidery around a button form.

i can feel summer winding down, and autumn just showing a flick of her skirt now and then. the sun is just starting to get low on the horizon now and the air smells faintly of the sea and like bonfires out at Golden Gardens park, but that makes me think of autumn. And I do love autumn colors.

No comments: