Monday, January 11, 2010

red fox and tea


lunchbreak
Originally uploaded by megan_n_smith_99

well, the weekend was sort of a writeoff. jesse was sick last week and friday and saturday. i was sick up till sunday night. watched some tv, read, lay around and coughed together. not much else. i have begun to forgive my tv for existing since i realized i get the history channel intl. now.

here i am on my lunch break, phone picture,
wearing handknit skirt
(handmaiden pencil skirt pattern, handmaiden ottaway yarn in "earth") while knitting lacy baktus in handmaiden casbah, color is red fox.

handmaiden casbah, red fox is one of my very favorite yarns ever. the feel the colors, everything. it's LOVELY. also i got it at Church Mouse Yarns and Teas. a shop that combines yarn, tea, and mice is high up on my list. Lately I have been enjoying their dessert teas: Churchmouse Winter tea, made by Steven Smith, and a nice chocolate mint tea, made by Harney & Sons, also purchased there. For a more traditional tea, they have Barry tea and yorkshire gold, two other favorites of mine. Those are lovely black teas that I drink on a daily basis, I save the dessert teas for a treat.

2 comments:

Marti said...

Sorry you're not feeling well! Glad the knitting is fun though.

What was that tea you sent home a few bags of for Mom & I, at Christmas?

Megan Noel said...

that was Churchmouse Winter. don't steep longer than 5 minutes! well, it's best if you don't.