Thursday, November 19, 2009

beads in blue


beads in blue
Originally uploaded by megan_n_smith_99

i mixed up a tasty batch of bead soup in blue the other day and am having some fun with it. so far i've done 2 necklaces, 1 button, and now this brooch in process.

the way i bead is that i find a bunch of beads that i like together, in various sizes, colors, and textures, then i dump them all in a tupperwear sandwich box and go. in some ways it's a pain, if i want to do an area of say, slate blue matte iris beads i have to fish them out, but overall it works for me because it inspires me to be a bit.. well, relaxed. freeform, spontaneous.

i am enjoying this color pallet, blues and greys. i love these ammonite beads, which are actually glass. it does make me happy when i can combine my love of earth sciences and paleontology with my artwork!

also an odd little note about the color grey. well, the english spelling is grey and the american spelling is gray. but i always use
grey for cool greys, it feels cool to me, like wet sand with puget sound in the distance on a stormy day -- such as today! and gray feels warm to me, like a napping kitten. this beadwork is oceany and cool so i shall say it is grey.

No comments: