Thursday, March 26, 2009

Yeti Doll + Doll Book


dollbook2
Originally uploaded by megan_n_smith_99

i need to either reduce my expenses by about $2200 this year (at least) or increase my income that much.

should i dig out the book i was writing on making beaded dolls and finish it?
should i offer it either on CD or one of those sites where they print per request?

is this something any of you would be interested in? a cd or book of my doll making ideas? with lots of photos, patterns, and how-tos?

pictured:
Yeti Doll
8" tall
by Megan Noel
in Private Collection

5 comments:

Camilla La Mer-Soul Art Dolls said...

The answer, of course, is a resounding YES!!! Your beaded dolls, especially your Yeti dolls, are some of the most fabulous works on the planet...A book would be spectacular! I have been planning a book on my dolls and process art for quite some time as well...Love, C

Elisa said...

I would love to read a book from you. Book on demand is the better choice. And if you like, you can get me as a translator for German. I won´t take money because I consider myself as one of your friends somehow - I only want 2% of each sold book, that is really not much.

Wow, that would really be great.

I have ideas for writing books myself too.

GraceBeading said...

Hi Megan,

The answer from me is YES as well, I have one book on beaded dolls (by Cindy McCornack - which is out of print and impossible to find), it's the only one I know of dedicated to beaded dolls and I refer to it all the time for ideas and inspiration. I'd love to have another book on beaded dolls in my library, especially by someone who's beading I admire so much.

I have a link on my blog to your "Thoughts on Beading a Doll", it's one of the sites I refer people to when they are looking for info on beaded dolls. I'd be happy to add a link in order for folks to purchase your book as well. Your beading has inspired me since I first started my love affair with beads about 5 years ago.

Robin said...

Let's find a time to talk "books" on the phone, OK??? It's a big nut to crack, but I think your subject totally warrants it. My phone number is on my webpage. Hugs, Robin A.

Peggy Kemp said...

Yes, please! I love your work and would buy the book.