Saturday, March 23, 2013

Autumn Creatures

Autumn Creatures by megan_n_smith_99
Autumn Creatures, a photo by megan_n_smith_99 on Flickr.
Granted, it is Spring. But I still love autumn themes and without really planning to, I drew this the other day. I suppose the urge to hibernate is till strong within me, though we have had a few nice days. (Yesterday afternoon was quite sunny and nice, after the morning snow of course.) My building is currently wrapped in a product called Scaf-Lite. That's the stuff they wrap buildings in when they are being worked on. It lets in more light than I would have expected, but it's a sort of muted and grey light and I have to go out to determine the weather. I will be so glad when the repairs to my building are finished!

So, I think living in a somewhat grey world has possibly induced my hibernation response, which frankly is never far below the surface, and hence we have this cozy little mouse, pumpkin, mushrooms, toadstools, and more.

I can walk down the street and spot tiny mushrooms and flowers on the parking strips, I can spot spiral shells the size of the head of a pin on the beach, yet I still walk into furniture and fail to recall the names of all of my neighbor.--in my myopic little world, rich with detail, but sometimes a little cut off from the rest of the world.

Autumn Creatures
5 x 7"
Pen and Ink
Available on Etsy.

No comments: