Monday, November 19, 2012

Birds of Paradise

Birds of Paradise by megan_n_smith_99
Birds of Paradise, a photo by megan_n_smith_99 on Flickr.

Good morning, Blogosphere. This is a painting I did last week and just listed on Etsy. I don't seem to get tired of painting birds and exotic and often wholly made up plant forms. Though there are some plenty strange looking plants without my inventing new ones....

I've come down with the latest in my 2012 set of cold / flu-like viruses, though at least this one is not too bad, provided I don't do anything more strenuous than lie in bed and turn the pages of books and ebooks. And it's absolutely pouring, so who wants to go outside anyway? Well, I need to go to the post office later but I am wearing my rain boots. In Seattle, especially if you don't have a car, a good pair or rain boots is a necessity, not an accessory.

In other news, I've opened a Zazzle Shop, where you can purchase items such as mugs and tote bags with my art on them. Could make good holiday gifts?

I think I may now need to retreat into the biography of J. M. Barrie I am reading. Well, i thought it was a bio of J. M. Barrie (author of Peter Pan), but it seems to have veered off into talking extensively about the lewelyn Davies boys, who served as a model for Peter Pan, and their grandfather George du Maurier, author and cartoonist for Punch magazine, and their 1st cousin Daphne du Maurier, author of Rebecca. I have not read Rebecca, but I ought to. Rebecca won the National Book Award for favourite novel of 1938.

No comments: