Friday, October 22, 2010

little bird


little bird
Originally uploaded by megan_n_smith_99

I have so many art ideas now and not enough time! though I guess that is better than the opposite. Here is how I finished up the little bird I posted when it was in progress.

Most of my pieces seem to have a mind of their own - to a certain degree. and I guess it's my job to get out of the way and maybe not over think things. My friend Kathy said she thinks that is why I like to listen to audio books while I paint - to shut my little whirring brain off, or at least slow it down. distract it. I like the idea of being a vessel for art.

I started an 8 x 8" painting last night that I thought was going to be blue, purple, and brown, but it immediately insisted on being green and brown, and when you're going with watercolor instead of oil or acrylic you can't just do EVERYTHING over, so i needed to sort of coax the purple into getting alone with the green.

i think it's going to be an art weekend, we'll see what I get done.

No comments: