Friday, September 10, 2010

I could play with color all day.


sunset rose
Originally uploaded by megan_n_smith_99

this is another recent little painting, less autumn-y colors than i have been using. For some reason Red is the hardest color for me to work with, This piece does include a lot of orange and magenta, though I don't know how well it shows up on your monitor, and those colors are easier for me to work with. A lot of people have looked at this image during browsing. I am curious what gets their attention. Is it the contrast in colors? the bright colors? The composition? Or maybe they just look at the thumbnail and say "what IS that?" and so they click for a larger view. One can never tell.

I feel like I should be using more orange - my autumnal stuff lately has been more brown and amber and not as much orange. I am sort of thinking of orange and green. And orange and slate blue. We'll see where that ends up going. I could play with color all day.

Sunset Rose is on Etsy.

No comments: