Saturday, October 27, 2007

the land of enchantment

i recently returned from a trip to New Mexico with my family. We spent 2 nights in Taos and 1 night in Santa Fe. I loved Taos in particular, and all of the beautiful colors of the landscape. We got to see a lot of wonderful art in the galleries there -- weaving, paintings, basketry, and jewelry. We also drove through several little mountain towns on the way from Taos to Santa Fe.

We visited the Millicent Rogers museum in Taos -- where we saw wonderful weavings and pottery, and The Georgia O'Keeffe museum in Santa Fe, which was just heavenly.

You can see photos I took of our trip on my Flickr account. And I am sure this trip will inspire my art for weeks, months, and years to come.

Here are two little minature watercolors I did based on the landscape of the Southwest.



They will also be in my Etsy shop.

No comments: