Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Desert Minarets

Desert Minaret by megan_n_smith_99
Desert Minaret, a photo by megan_n_smith_99 on Flickr.

I had a busy day yesterday. A friend and I went to help another friend unload their pod. They recently moved 3000 miles but their stuff came a couple weeks after they did. How nice it will be for them to sleep in their own beds tonight, and to get up and have a full set of dishes and everything they need to stop camping!

I actually did more child wrangling than unpacking. It just amazes me how creative and imaginative young children are. Wouldn't the world be an amazing place if ALL of them could keep a fraction of that imagination? It seems like the world leaches it out of them, bit by bit. i wonder if there is a way to reverse that process! i think it would help if more people could distinguish between childish and child-like!

at least when i am painting i probably tap into that creativity! I was so happy with how this painting came out. It evokes exotic temples and palaces for me, and a fertile place carved out of a shifting landscape of sand.

Desert Minarets
5 x 7 inches
watercolor and ink on paper
available on Etsy.

No comments: